Raising funds for a business is more work than people assume. You cannot visit or approach potential investors without a good strategy. This is because people want to know where their money goes and how they would benefit from investing in your business. For this reason, the key to grasping financiers is creating a compelling fundraising pitch deck.
A pitch deck is a brief demonstration that gives potential stockholders, financiers, or clients an overview of your business plan, products (goods or services), and growth traction. Therefore, it is also known as an investor or startup pitch deck. You can create a pitch deck using a digital tool, like the png maker.
Contrary to popular assumption, the purpose of a pitch deck is not to get you an investor immediately. In a society packed with investment opportunities and numerous startups, investors rarely seal deals in one meeting.
Therefore, a pitch deck is a gateway to your business and the key to arousing the interest of investors. A compelling pitch deck that makes your business stand out may earn you a second meeting or requests for more information about your business.
Besides understanding what a fundraising pitch deck is, another key to making a compelling one is understanding what it contains. The contents may differ depending on your company and audience. However, a basic pitch deck features the following content:
• Introduction- This is the first slide where you introduce yourself and your business. Here, you must make the potential investors see what unique value you bring to the table so you can capture their attention.
• The problem- This is where you tell the investors your story and why you started your business. Explain who your target clients are and how they are affected by the same issue that brought up your business idea. Also, explain how your solution is unique from existing ones.
• Market and opportunity- This is where you illustrate the state of the market, projected growth, and reachability.
• Solution- This is where you explain your product or service, how it works, and how to use it.
• Business/revenue model- This is where you show how your business will make money.
• Traction- This shows where your business is currently at, like current sales and clientele.
• Team- This shows your current workforce.
• Financial This shows factual information about your financial situation. This is the most crucial component.
You first need to understand what a pitch deck is and its content. From there, the following tips may come in handy:
There isn’t a standard rule for how long a pitch deck should be. So, your presentation can be anywhere between 5 to 20 slides. However, the key is to keep it short to retain your audience’s attention. Saturating your audience with information will bore them and prevent them from capturing what is essential.
Your potential investors want to hear a story they can relate to, which will make them want to know more about your business. So, make your pitch deck relatable from the introduction throughout.
You may be tempted to use many design elements when using digital pitch deck tools. However, it would be best if you avoided this. Instead, only use the visuals you need and those that add value to the content.
Besides the tips above, you would also benefit from sending your pitch deck to your audience. This will allow them to learn more about your company and compare the content if necessary. Using an impactful color scheme may also help.